Friday, September 10, 2004

Misty Morning Memories

It reminded me of the night we spent at the pioneer village. We slept in the meeting house in our petticoats. And I thought it most exciting and terrifying that there were men and boys as well as girls and women in the room. Because you know, there is nothing sexier than a man in 1800 clothes. And it stormed that night, and the door was open all night. And I thought, a fox is going to come in here and attack me. And the candlestick caught on fire like a torch. And we played cards. And the next morning we had to wade to the outhouse. It was so cold and foggy and everything smelled like smoke. We ate breakfast that was cooked over the fire. And that was exciting. We were excited and miserable. We went home a day early. And for a week after I would get my skirts out just to smell the smoke. Katy, you bring out the weird in me, and I love you for it.

No comments: