Wednesday, September 22, 2004

"All I really want to do is to fall into / The emptiness that is / The space in between us / Erase it and bring us together again" - Building 429

Starving for attention and reassurance,
even though you said you loved me
tell me again
tell me everyday
as I slowly
Oh, so slowly
back away.
Looking for you
I smile at you
into your eyes
hoping you can feel me
can you feel the way I feel for you?
When I look at you?
Am I as transparent
as I try not to be?
(Last night
I was remembering
the times when we
would hide in the closet
under the stairs,
our secret fort,
our space.)
The voices in my head
tell me
I will never be good enough for you
for anyone.
(You tell me different.)
But the voices in my head
are with me
everyday.
(And you are not.)
Alone here,
feeling
as always,
inadequate.

No comments: