Monday, September 06, 2004

Change is Good - especially when its tens and twenties.

Last night I dreamt you wrote me a letter that said everything I wanted to hear, again. And when I woke up, I was excited at the thought of it, at the thought of you, until I realized that it was only a dream. And I miss you even though I have never seen you, and that makes me feel foolish.

And I dreamt of the ocean. I have never seen the ocean before. I do not know what it sounds like or what it smells like, but I dreamt of it anyway. Try to find logic in dreams, I dare you.

And I dreamt of something else, oh yes, now I remember. I was alone in a dark house with too many windows. And there was a chaise lounge in the darkness. I looked out the window near the door, because I was waiting for someone, but they had not come for me. I was waiting alone in the darkness, and you came. And I could rest upon the lounge because in your presence, I knew the absence of fear. I was comforted just by you standing there, and the darkness left me. For although I wait for one who does not come for me, you come to me. Even in darkness and fear.

No comments: