Saturday, September 04, 2004

Matter-To be of importance.

I don't know
what you want this to be,
but I know
I don't like it.

Sitting here
with you so near to me
I just know
that I like it.

But then,
I'm alone again
and I don't remember
how much I liked it.

I wrote you poetry
but it doesn't even matter.
No, it does not even matter
because you know every word I think.
You know the inside of me.
You could quote myself to me.
But it doesn't even matter.
No, it does not even matter.

Because, you take the best of me
and make it better.
And you take the worst of me
and swallow it whole.

And I say things like
Nevermind
or
Not this time
or
Later, I promise, later.

And you wait.
And you wait for me.
As I run.
As I run from you.

But it doesn't even matter.
No, it does not even matter to you.

Only I matter.
Only I matter to you.

No comments: