Monday, August 02, 2004

Small Explosion

I spent some time last night reading through some of my old poetry. I was embarrassed at myself. It was great. On one hand, I thought that I should burn it all for fear that it fall into the wrong hands one day. But, on the other hand it was concrete evidence that I have indeed grown as a writer. Oh well, and back on my bookshelf it went.
(I know I already told you this next part, but bear with me, Ash.)
Oh, something interesting happened today. I had a small explosion take place in my car. Now, I am aware of the fact that there are small explosions taking place every moment the car is on, hence: internal combustion, but this one was not supposed to take place. Apparently, one of the spark plugs came loose and popped out of its housing with a loud bang, incinerating the insulation on the inside of the hood and causing smoke to then pour out of the front of my car. Needless to say, I was shocked and soon sought mechanical advice. Surprisingly enough, the problem cost only two dollars to fix. It sure seemed like something more major than two dollars, but I'm not complaining.

Also, one of my favorite authors released a new book today, which I purchased right away. I am enjoying it very much. And this is why I must leave you. (I'll be finished with it in no time so that you can read it.)

No comments: