Thursday, July 29, 2004

Confound Me.

Inspire me.
Break down my defenses
and
hurt me.
Make me
lose
my footing,
fall into your arms.
Remind me
how weak
I really am.
Show me
how much
I need you,
because
right now
that's what
I need
of you.
Touch me.
For Goodness Sake
touch me.
Show me
you.
Show me
everything.
Close my eyes
and imprison me
in darkness
(for a moment)
so that when you
open my eyes again
I will really see you.
Make me feel
something
anything.
Don't let me
end all my sentences
in periods.
I don't want grammar;
I want emotion.
I don't order;
I want you.
Maybe
I don't need
to understand everything.
Maybe
I only need
you.
Maybe a poem doesn't have to hug the left margin.
Or be at the
center
of the page.
  • I will never surprise you.
  • You will never forget me.

These things confound me.

  1. You loved me.
  2. I loved you.

And in that order, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your poems are so beautiful
they tap into and express the very soul
which may be why they are so beautiful