Thursday, June 17, 2004

Sewing Sillies

Well, I still don't know how to put a picture on this thing. Oh well, I guess that is not to be.

I went to Katys today and Ashley was there. We were sewing. Katy and I were attempting to make a shift from some very vague instructions in a book she had. It was humorous. I had fun. Today was the first time I had ever made anything more complicated than a skirt. I feel a sense of accomplishment. I like to make things with my hands. They are not always beautiful, but they are always part of me. I guess that goes back to my desire to leave an impression. My sewing or my various ceramic projects are my thumbprint on the world. It will wear off, but not today, and not tomorrow.

I get to babysit Elisabeth tomorrow. I think we will go swimming. It is cute when Emilie and Elisabeth go swimming, floating on top of the water with their various inflatable accessories.

Hey! I figured it out. Awesome.

No comments: