Sunday, June 20, 2004

Little Speck of a Planet.

The sky looks so beautiful tonight. It is so clear. I was looking up there trying to comprehend the mere size of it. I couldn't. I was thinking, why would God create all of this space and only put people or intelligent beings or living stuff on only one little speck of a planet? Isn't that like putting all of your eggs in one basket?

Here I go lying again. Because I wasn't thinking, "Why would God. . . " I was thinking, "If there is a God, then why would he. . ." I've been doubting my faith lately. Doesn't everyone do that? Except, I'm not allowed to do that because my. . . Because sometimes it seems that my religion defines me and I don't like it. I don't want to be a Christian, I just want to be Sarah Jo. I don't want to be a child of God, I want to be me, who God, (if in fact he does exist, and if in fact he is the God of the Christian faith) loves.

You see, Im doing this teenage rebellion thing. Don't worry, Im sure it will pass and then I will go to a Baptist church and marry a man in a suit who works 9-5 while I stay at home and raise our 2.5 children in our little house in the suburbs with the picket fence. Of course, Rachel said Im going to marry a big ole hairy lumberjack, but I'll save that for another time.

Happy made up holiday everyone!

No comments: