Thursday, August 18, 2005

When no one else cares where I've been. . .

I had this really nice customer today. It was great. Let me tell you how he was so nice: I was in the middle of telling him something he didn't want to hear, the part where most people get mad, and I was trying to say it very clearly and very nicely so that maybe he wouldnt yell at me. He says, "Sarah, I'm not going to get mad at you." And it wasn't one of those joking kind of statements where they end up getting mad anyway. He looked straight at me and said it so seriously that I felt like I had nothing to worry about at all. It was like he knew about every customer that had ever yelled at me and he was promising to not be like that. I don't know if I can explain it well. Have you ever met anyone that. . . just seemed to know things? And I guess it was because he said my name. I know I wear it everyday, but no one ever says it. And a little bit later he says, "You giggle alot don't you?" Anyway, I've just run out of things to say on the matter but I just wanted to express how much difference one nice person can make in a day. It really helped.

I went out to dinner with Joanie, Elisabeth, and Kaitlynn tonight at the chinese restuarant. It was the three year anniversary of the day Joanie got Elisabeth. It was much fun. After dinner we walked over to Kmart and I got the girls each a toy and Joanie did the same. Elisabeth was so grateful. She must have thanked me a dozen times and told me that she loves me after each one. It was cute.

Last night I dreamt I was driving alone and I didn't know how to get where I wanted to end up, but I knew I would get there and that it would be great once I arrived.

And can you believe I have homework and I havent even started class yet? Hmph.
SO. . . I need to go get clean because I don't feel that way and then do my homework, the humanity.

Sarah Jo

No comments: