Friday, November 19, 2004

Yeah, I said it.

Well, I was in a good mood for about five whole minutes. THen, I spent two minutes with Christopher. I just dont know what to do. I dont want to stay here and I dont want to leave. I cant leave right now, I've got so many things to do. . . Why cant he just behave? Or why cant my parents follow through with a punishment? I mean, really. If the kid gets suspended from school you dont let him have friends over for the weekend, it just doesnt make sense. He is failing his classes and he is cutting himself and he is out of control and they just let him do what he wants. I feel like Im the only one concerned here. I do this becasue I love him. I dont want him spending time with the people he skipped school with. I dont want him hanging out with the boy who sells him tobacco. I love him and I want the best for him. If he doesnt straighten up he is going to do something stupid with lasting effects. They say he is just a boy and that boys do these things. Well, hes going to have a hard life if he doesnt go to college, and hes not going to go to college with a D average. "Boys will be boys" I dont accept that and it angers me. Gender does not excuse behavior. Can we just throw away the double standard and start over? We need rules: If you do this, this will happen. Well, he did this, consequences now need to happen.

Whatever. Ill just sit here and watch him hurt himself for the next several years. Good luck.

No comments: