Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I supervise like nobody's business! (Whatever THAT means.)

I normally get along with just about everyone. Even when I don't like someone or they don't like me, we usually are able to be cordial to one another for the duration of the time we must be in each others presence. I have a co-worker that this just isn't true for. We clash. Severely. And I'm sure some of it is me but I, being me, can only see what is wrong with her and SHE PISSES ME OFF! I'm civil to her but I swear I have to take breaks to go to the back room and just calm down.

Right now I'm on my lunch break calming down. I could go on about all the ways she is horrible but 1.) That wouldn't help the situation, 2.) It would only make me more angry and most importantly 3.) I would be pretty upset if the situation were reversed and it was she listing reasons of why I'm horrible with no way to defend myself. So, I would like to emphasize that this is about how I feel. I'm sure I have a bias even if I can't see it for the red haze surrounding my vision. Haha.

I have about five minutes left of my break before I have to go back out there and face the world. Stupid world.

Actually, I love the world. And I woke up this morning in a fabulous mood. And today has been good so far, frustrations and all. Because, I have a job. I have lots of friends who love me. I have a family that loves me. I have a car and a place to live filled with nice things that I enjoy. And I'm healthy and a lot more than I used to be. I have plans with my friends to fill my time and money to spend in that time. And I feel safe, happy, and secure most of the time. No one hurts or threatens me. No one makes me feel repressed or powerless. Sometimes people hurt my feelings but I recover quickly and they rarely do it on purpose.

Perspective can do amazing things to a person. If only I could learn to stay in the right perspective. But that is an entire different kind of entry and my lunch break is now over.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: