Wednesday, March 30, 2005

"The best thing you can hope for in a relationship is to find someone whose flaws are the sort you don't mind" - Scott Adams

Ingredients for successful social living:
Express gratitude.
Give more than is expected.
Speak optimistically.
Touch people.
Remember names.
Don't confuse flexibility with weakness.
-Scott Adams

Two days in the sun has made my numerous freckles more pronounced and my skin a deeper shade of red, I will never tan.The weather has been beautiful and I have enjoyed it much. Today while walking at the park, I stopped and just appreciated the beauty of nature. Everyone else could have disappeared, for that moment, it was just the earth and me. I love driving with the windows down and the music too loud; it makes me feel free. I love a strong wind and a bright sun. I had all these things today.

Went out for Chinese with Joanie, Ashley, Elisabeth, and Kaitlynn. That was nice. I much enjoyed watching Kaitlynn eat. She had jello for the first time tonight and I liked the surprised look on her face. She really likes to eat. A very serious child, that one. She just looked around, absorbing everything in those endless black eyes of hers. I always wonder how children think before they can speak. Do they think in words? I don't even know if I think in words; if I try to think about it, I'm not doing it naturally. Its like thinking about blinking or breathing, you just mess it up if you try to observe it.

Exciting news, or exciting to me anyway, I got in the cohort. I just got an email this evening about it. Happy feelings.

Well, I have a paper to write and an exam to study for. I was just feeling very happy and I would like to share.

Oh, I just remembered this interesting little book I read. Its called Gods Debris. You should read it if you have time, because by the time I explained it here, I would have written the book over again. It is called a thought experiment. Its just full of interesting/crazy ideas that I do not necessarily believe but find intriguing none the less. I would say that it would be worth your time, and they have it at the library, so it is free. Read it and then I can talk to you about it.

Oh, oh, book club as awesome. We will be reading the Da Vinci Code.
Yes, the excitement spillith over.
Homework now, joy of joys.

Wo ai ni (I love you)
Zai Jian (Goodbye)

Sarah Jo

No comments: