Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I think I had three dreams.

Wow, I had a bad dream last night. Well, I guess it wasn't too bad because I wasn't scared or anything. I dreamed I was on some sort of journey with this group of people and all of a sudden it was the end of the world. This huge volcano just pushed itself out of the ground right in the middle of a cornfield. We had to run to get away from the lava falling from the sky. And then the earth started cracking open along rows of corn and lava was spewing out the cracks and the group got separated and it was just me and this girl. We finally got out of the fiery cornfield and entered the grounds of a scary looking mansion when every nightmare creature from every movie or book I've ever seen, and some I haven't started appearing and going after people. I was so scared at that moment that I decided to close my eyes because I thought if I couldn't see them, it wouldn't be so bad. I just held onto the girl I was walking with. But then these two creatures clothed in black came at us and I had to open my eyes. They pulled us apart and took her off and left me alone. I knew I had to keep walking. I was following a dirt path and just looking at the chaos around me and realized that I couldn't see anyone anymore. There was a sign on the side of the road made out of a cardboard box nailed to a stake. Written on it in big, black, sloppy, dripping, paint-letters, "This is all a bad dream" And it didn't occur to me until after I woke up that it was, in fact, a bad dream. But that wasn't the end. I remember realizing that the nightmares couldn't touch me. These nightmares were punishment for sin and I'd been forgiven already. With that thought, I knew there had to be other people out there somewhere. I wasn't alone anymore. As soon as I thought that, this boy comes around the corner of the path on a motorcycle. He smiled and I knew everything was going to be alright.

My very first thought when I woke up was: That would make a great movie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I do remember my dreams, I remember them like that. Actually though, I had three dreams and this was the third. I just sort of walked out of the second dream into this one. This dream was a show I was watching on t.v. in the dream before it and I just stepped into the t.v. and became part of it.

If I dont think about the dream as soon as I wake up, I usually forget most of it. I decided to keep a dream journal though, because dreams are fun.