Saturday, January 15, 2005

Dear Diary, I have such a crush on. . . *rolls eyes*

Last night, I found a diary of mine from sophomore year. I was amused and disgusted at the same time. It is funny how I think myself so grown up, yet I let the same insecurities define my actions. To be sure, I go about it in a much better fashion, but its the same cake with different icing. The thing is, I don't know how to get past it, and even if I do, will I find something else to pick over after that?

On another note, I found my favorite shampoo at the hair-cut place in the mall. This made me very happy, because the ladies at Great Clips told me it could only be purchased at the beauty supply store with a beauticians license, and that did not make me happy. Alas, I have what I sought after and my hair will smell of coconut mango.

In other trivial news, I have been unsuccessful in my search for sheets to match my duvet cover. Classic white will have to do.

Why does Launchcast keep playing comedy? I keep skipping it, one would think it would get the point.

My dad bought me Orange Pineapple Juice today. Yum. And Yoplait whips. What more could a girl ask for (from the grocery)?

I dropped one of my classes. I am feeling overwhelmed already. But I can handle my classes. I have dealt with worse things than homework and projects. I am made of tougher stuff than a pile of paperwork could destroy. (But I dropped that one class, you know, just in case.)

I have the strongest urge to hide away in my house with my mom and dad and pretend the world melted away. Maybe Rachel was right, maybe I should marry a lumber jack and move to the mountains and start a maple syrup company. The world could melt away then, as long as there were enough people left to buy my maple syrup. (And it wouldn't hurt if that lumber jack was a lot like Howard Keel in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.)

Ahem, right. I was going to read Harry Potter next. I'm now reading The Order of the Phoenix. After this, I may attack the LOTR books I got for Christmas. That, or my robot city books, I'll decide later.

So anyway. . .

Sarah Jo

No comments: