Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Ni Hao

I woke up this morning with a fever blister. As if I did not look wierd enough to the gawking chinese people, with my red hair, blue eyes, and freckles, now I have a swollen, protruding upper lip. I stared at it in the mirror this morning, it looks like the inside of a behive underneath the first layer of skin. All right, I know you dont care about the anatomy of my fever blister.

Did you know that chinese diet coke is called Coke Light? Or that you have the stick your room card in a slot in the wall for electricity in your hotel room? Or that Chinese Chips Ahoy are different? Or that nearly everyone here speaks english? Or that they smoke EVERYWHERE, like even in the elevator? Or that you can fit nearly twice as many people in an elevator if they are chinese? Or that it is not at all uncommon to see a westerner with a chinsese baby? Im sure there are more things, but I cannot think of any just now.

Im telling you these unimportant things because Im adding a Journal when I get home. Well, Im off.

Sarah Jo

No comments: