Friday, December 31, 2004

My mouth tastes like mineral water.

I had an incredibly vivid dream last night. I could feel the elevators moving, feel my stomach do that little flip when I can see myself leaving the ground (these elevators were the see-through kind) Our travel group from china was there, and I remember trying to change a baby, and failing. Strange dream, but so clear. Ashley had new bedsheets, they had the alphabet on them. And there were new curtains on the windows that apparently I had sewn because they were crooked and one was too short, but everyone pretended not to notice. And there were things all over my bed like clothes, books, random objects, but instead of cleaning it off, I just slept around all the objects. I remember dragging my comforter off of my bed. I could even feel the feathers adjusting themselves as I pulled it around my shoulders, dragged it behind me down the hallway. And everything, everything I dreamed, comes from a real memory, recent too. My brain has put the last few weeks in a dicer, and spread the results across my dream.

I do not think I have had a dream so close to reality before.
I want my fantasy land.

Sarah Jo

No comments: