Thursday, July 28, 2005

Don't assume anything, my dear.

This evening I went to see the musical Footloose with Rachel, her mother, and Katy. It was much fun. The musical was great, but I enjoyed spending time with my friends the most. Rachel said we should all go speed dating. I think that would be terrifying and wonderful. I hope we do.

Tomorrow after work I shall go to the Greekfest with the gang from work. I'm looking forward to that. I like everyone from work and I enjoy spending time with them. I've never been to Greekfest before.

A had a whole list of things to say before I put my fingers on the keyboard, but I think one of the items was complaining about the toilet, so I'll scrap that list.

I guess I'm thinking about a lot of things right now that I wouldn't feel comfortable putting here. I don't come upon things like that very often because most of the time I want people to listen to me, weather or not they know me or respond. I like to be listened to. But what I want right now is not to talk about it, I want resolution, or just the knowledge of how things turn out in the end. I know I've said it before, but if I could just see how things turn out, I could bear all the burdens till then. Of course, if I knew the ending, there would be no suspense, no build up of tension or anticipation, and what is a good story without that?

Sarah Jo

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

Hmm, speed dating. That is definitely not for me. How can you know in 5 minutes if you want to keep getting to know someone?
If you want to try speed dating we could meet somewhere public (say Dayton Mall Food Court) and we could sit down and talk for five mintues then we could both get up. . .walk back to our cars and drive away. I, to the North, and you, to the South. Of course, if you ask me---that takes all the fun out of everything. But, there is no risk involved. You don't have to get involved or really even get to know someone that way. And if you don't like what you see---then there is no commitment. You don't even have to go through the trouble of telling the other person. (Maybe this speed dating does have its advantages) Anyhow, if you would like to meet somewhere---let me know. But it would have to be on a Thursday. . .that is the day that I reserve for driving. (I usually go to Toledo, but last time I went to Columbus and the time before that I went to Detroit). Actually last time it was on a Wed. and the time before that it was a Tuesday. . . but, none-the-less.