Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I am SO a words of affirmation person.

Those poor boys at Chipotle don't understand. How could they? They are only looking at me. But what they can't see is this: it's so much easier to smile when you are standing next to me.

And you can't see it either. What do you see but the version of me that is always with you? But its true. I'm happier just being around you.

I've made you lists and given you reasons why I so enjoy your company, but there is still some intangible, unnameable thing I can't quite express. Maybe it is the details. Or maybe it is the way all the parts make a greater whole.

But you make me feel like I could conquer the world. And they would all bow down and thank me for it. And then I would probably hand over the power to you and say, "I don't know what to do with this; you take it."

I don't know how long I get to keep you in my life. Friendships make me nervous in a new way now. People keep going away. People keep finding reasons not to stay. But I'm grateful for this time right now. Every day.

I'm glad I get to call you my friend. I love claiming your free time and giving you mine.

So anyway, next time we are in line and they don't listen to your order very well because they are commenting on how much I am smiling, remember: its probably all your fault somehow.

No comments: