Thursday, February 04, 2010

Sleep is for GIRLS!

My parents were high on something or other last night. They got their income tax return so I assume it will be this way until the money runs out. Mom passed out on the toilet. Dad yelled at her from the other side of the house till she eventually ended up on part of the bed. I found her at an awkward angle, almost as if she had sat on the edge of the bed and fell asleep mid-fall. Her legs were completely off the bed and her head was bent back much, much too far. Speaking to her produced only mumbles replies and feeble attempts to move. I grabbed her legs and swung her around into the bed.

Dad was more difficult. His glazed eyes were focused on measuring the dimensions of the fridge for reasons he never shared. I couldn't induce him to leave the kitchen. He had important stuff to do he kept telling me. Eventually I gave up and went to bed. At 2:30am I woke to find all the lights in the house on. Dad was sitting at the kitchen table, asleep with his face in his ashtray. After ten minutes of coaxing, I got him in his bed too.

At 4:30am his alarm for work went off for an hour. Mom woke up eventually and started screaming at him to go to work. This continued until the present time.

Good morning world.

No comments: