Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sarah Jo keeps talking about that damn fire.

I would love to take the time to write about how this all makes me feel. I want to write a detailed description of how you go from chatting to someone on facebook to standing outside in your pajamas with no shoes on watching black smoke pour out of your bedroom window. I want to tell you how easy it is to be okay at work all day when I have routine and demands on my attention and how much easier it is to fall apart when I get into my car and realize I can't go home now. I want to describe all the wonderful things my friends and family are doing for me. Maybe I'll be able to do that in the near future.

Right now, I'm trying my best to take care of one thing at a time. I don't know which things can be saved. I don't know how much money insurance will give us. Or if we will get another unit soon or have to wait for them to finish repairing ours. How do I go out shopping to replace everything in the kitchen? Everything I have fits in the back seat of my car. This sunburn is so bad I can barely sleep. How long till that stops hurting so much?

How long will we have to stay in a hotel? The insurance company is giving us a check to cover the hotel. How long should that last? Should we stay in one room together to make it last long enough? Can I have my own room?

I miss stupid things like my pillow and bed. The way I feel when I'm in my bedroom and the door is closed. My books. Walking around in my pajamas. Having a space that is MINE. Its only been a couple days. This will probably all be over and resolved very quickly, especially in the grand scale of life. And I don't like to focus on the negative.

But please, for now, indulge me. I'm going to complain. And then I'm going to go to work.

No comments: