Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Not homework.

So, I have several of those 3-ring binder things full of random pieces of paper. The pages are all different sizes and types. Some are lined with that furry stuff on the edges. Some are sheets of computer paper that has been folded too many times. These pages are poems (and songs) I wrote ages ago. Before I started storing everything on the computer. What. A. Mess.

Anyway, I was looking for this song I wrote, of course, ages ago. I didn't find it. But I did get distracted by all of the horrendous poetry in there. Whew. I barely made it out alive. Remind me not to write another poem. Like, ever. Oh, the song. This song was one I sang in a talent show, yes, ages ago. And I wanted to read it again. It was called "Me, in a nutshell" and was comprised of several descriptions of me. I wanted to see how much I've changed, but I guess that's not happening. Because, really, who could find ANYTHING in that mess?

Sadness.

I want to write about today's me, in a nutshell. So here goes:

I love to sing and hug people. I hate waking up in the morning. Children delight me. Insects frighten me. I love Jesus. I talk too much and silence makes me uncomfortable. I'm happy. People, lots of people, use adjectives such as weird, strange, and crazy to describe me. Seriously, I love to sing. Books are awesome. My family is more important to me than friends could ever be. I'm easily excited and/or distracted. I sing a lot. I'm about to sneeze. I like me.

Sarah Jo

1 comment:

Ash said...

No. I will remind you to write poems.