Sunday, April 03, 2005

"Excuse me!" (I'm even polite to shoplifters)

The day started with church. I went to the Oasis with Kaitlin. It was a nice service, but I do not think I'll go back. It was not the church for me. I won't go listing all the things I liked and didn't like.

Kaitlin invited me to go to a club next weekend with her and Laura. Did I already say that? I don't know. Anyway, I am excited; I've never been to a club before. I think it's called Paradox.

At my grandparents house today, my grandpa told me the story of when he got saved. It was really touching. I'll have to share it with you some time, because it is pretty awesome. I would put it here, but that would take forever to type. . . I love hearing my grandpa talk about God. He always starts crying. He is so passionate.

At work today, we had a shoplifter. I was walking around with the lady helping her find this and that. After I helped her I started straightening things. After a few moments she tells me she left a bag on the counter and wanted me to get it for her. She walked to the back with me and I get her the bag and notice that the armload of clothes she had is gone, so I look for it in the store. I find it on the ground beneath a rounder. I pick it up to put it away, thinking at this point that she just must be rude and messy. She tells me that she would like me to hold the items for her for a day. I go to take the merchandise to the back of the store and when I come back up front, she is running out the front door with her bag full of clothes. I ran outside and yelled at her, but she just shouted "Come on!" at a parked car and ran across the parking lot. I got the license plate number and called the police. I was so nervous and upset that I was shaking. I hope she gets caught. I feel badly for leaving her when I was suspicious about her in the first place. I should have known better. Well, I cannot change the past and I cannot take responsibility for the actions of others. I will know next time to be more attentive and less trusting. I don't want to not trust people.

Wow, that was a LONG paragraph.
And those were the happenings of the day. I want to have the passion for the Lord that my grandfather has. I want it to consume me.

We sang a worship song in church today that I really love. I don't know what its called but it goes "It's the beauty of simplicity that brings me down to my knees. I will praise you for eternity. Lord I love You, because You, You first loved me. And all Gods people say: We, we love You, we love You Lord, we love You. . . "

I wish happiness and blessings upon you,
"May the Lord bless you and keep you. . ."

Sarah Jo

No comments: