Monday, September 13, 2010

"Flit" is a fun word.

Remember when we were friends? I'm not sure if we each changed or if we didn't see each other at all.

I can't look back on the memories without fondness, but I can't bring myself to want to see you again. Maybe it will always be like this. Maybe we are meant to flit through each others lives and leave only the briefest impressions. What are a couple years of memories we can't hold on to?

I'm so grateful for the person you taught me to be, but I'm equally grateful that I don't need you for that anymore. Sometimes the pain we cause each other isn't worth the reward. That is where we ended up.

So, I'm sorry for the bad things. I'm grateful for the good ones. I hope you look back with fondness too, and that you don't get too tangled up in the negatives.

No comments: