Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Good Cry

Its amazing what a good cry can do. I start off trying to control myself, pushing down the emotions because they aren't rational and tears never fix anything anyway. I want to talk about it but no one wants to listen long enough and that wont make it better either. So, I think it over until rationality loses the battle with emotion and find the secret refuge of my bedroom, bury my face in the pillow and have it out. The tears come, the prayers come, more tears come until I run out of energy and things to mourn over. Slowly, oh so slowly, the redness leaves my face as the sorrow leaves my heart and everything does seem better after all.

Cry

Remember how it feels to cry
violently
to completely lose control
body shaking
tears pouring down
screaming because
the pain inside
is far more than you can handle
and it seems
that you will never be
okay again

I cannot protect you
from ever feeling that way again
but I can promise you
that I will hold you until it passes.

until the tears
are salt stains on your cheeks
until you take that last sobbing gasp
until your heartbeat slows back down
until your swollen lips and puffy eyes
return to their normal size
until you fall asleep in the safety of my arms

Sarah Jo

Anyway, thanks for listening.

No comments: