Saturday, March 18, 2006

With your scarlet fingertips

Niagara falls was much fun. Very cold, but beautiful.

I'm reading a good book. It is called The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. According to the book, the five love languages are: words of affirmation, gifts, quality time, physical touch, and acts of service. Each person has one primary "love language". This is basically the thing that makes them feel most loved. For instance, one person may feel loved when someone gives them small gifts. Another may feel most loved when someone tells them how much they are loved, or gives them other compliments. The goal of this book is to recognize that different people need to be shown love in different ways. We need to recognize what it is we need, and what those around us need as well. The book has a quiz to discover which love language you use. I found the same thing on line here if you want to try it. My love language is quality time. I feel most loved, or closest to people, when I get to spend time with them and have meaningful conversations. I feel loved when someone remembers something I said, or when I feel they are truly listening to me. My second highest score on the quiz was physical touch. Although I haven't had any experience in the way of hand holding or kissing or anything like that, I love hugs and I love just sitting near people I love. I'm just really enjoying the book. I'm reading the singles version, so it focuses on relationships other than romantic, but highlights what you can work on for future relationships. I deserve the fairy tale.

Mmmkay. Goodnight.

Sarah Jo

No comments: