Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Head and shoulders, knees and toes!

Its amazing how much a touch can say. Just touching someone as you walk by says that you are aware of their presence and wanted to connect with them for a small moment. Touching someone as you talk/listen to them demonstrates your full attention and desire to be close to that person. A hug is a wonderful way to share mutual affection. Even a high-five is a great way to share excitement, success, or congratulation.

Today I focused on being aware of how often others touched me, and how often I touched other people. Then I made an effort to do that more. It was awesome to see the smile when I requested a hug, the glance of acknowledgement after a passing "pat", or the giggle after a high-five.

Tomorrow I shall focus on words of affirmation. After that, acts of service. I think quality time and gifts are going to be more long-range projects.

"Thats all I have to say about that"

Sarah Jo

No comments: