Thursday, June 09, 2005

"I am a friend of God, He calls me friend" - Michael Gungor

I feel sad and I don't know why, so I think I'll stop. I have the unexplainable urge to dwell on it, explore it, maintain it, but my favorite Bible verse tells me to think about things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. Those are all good, happy things. I should be happy and joyful. So, let me think of something happy. I don't know why I'm in such a mood. Everytime I come up with something happy, I immediately think of something not happy to replace it with.

Good things:

The Creator of all things knows me completely and loves me completely.
I am safe, warm (well, actually cool), with a roof over my head and food in my tummy.
I have a family that loves me.
I have year membership to Curves.
I will be moving to a better neighborhood and a better house.
I have a new "crush", which is always exciting.
Lots of good things I could continue to list, but I feel happy now.

And the bad things? Why list those? What would that accomplish? Listing good things reminds me how blessed I am and helps me be grateful. Listing bad things would make me sad, angry, bitter, or what have you. Why would I do that? I want to cherish the good things and forget the bad.

Battle won.

Sarah jo

No comments: