Friday, June 06, 2008

Probably a repitition of things past:

I know I've said it before, and I may even have used the same words but: I still miss you. I keep thinking about the way it was before things changed when you were something I could always count on. Now, even when we are in the same room the girl that wears your face is no longer you. What happened to that girl I loved? I loved you even when you hated yourself and now I can't find you anymore. I try. I try. I try. But you don't return my phone calls or emails or invitations. Sometimes I try to wait you out, to see how many days I should wait before you break down for missing me so much and just call ME for once, but its been nearly two years and you haven't called me. Everything that happens in your life I hear about from your family members. They keep expecting us to be best friends again, but now

Now I'm not that girl I was when I was your best friend. Something inside me broke and I can't find my way back to it again. I don't know how to get back to okay. So now I wonder if you'll see the stranger in my eyes next time you look at me, or if you will simply look right through me like you have been.

I still miss you. Sometimes I wish so much for you to just get on my nerves. Remember we used to spend so much time together that we couldn't stand each other? I miss that. I miss you. I don't know if I'll ever find you again or if I'll ever stop missing you.

1 comment:

Tom & Icy said...

"the girl that wears your face is no longer you." Really brilliant writing. Very creative. And sad. The post reflects how sad it is when people or relationships change in our life.