Sunday, August 15, 2010

One day I'll look back and say:

That was the summer we played pianos in Cincinnati. The summer my dad got arrested while we test drove the Smartcar in Columbus. That was the summer we went to Chicago. It was the summer you moved away from me. That was the summer I turned 24 and you made me a gorgeous mocha cake and then we played laser tag. It was the summer my apartment burned. That was the summer we did our second fifty-mile bike ride. That was the year I got my first kiss. The summer we hiked too long and got stuck in a state park after dark and the park rangers drove us back to your car. It was the summer we built that book mosaic and you won all that money. The summer we joined a trivia league. The summer I decided that I will always, always love you, no matter how far away you are. The summer I got promoted to office manager and finally moved out and got a roommate. The summer I lived in that temporary apartment for weeks. That was the summer I learned just how many people love and care about me. It was the year I visited Heather in Kentucky and Sarah in Columbus and Jeremy in Salem. It was the summer I felt like my whole life was falling apart. The summer it all started coming together. 

I forgot things! What else did I miss?

No comments: