Monday, May 01, 2006

Promises

I'm feeling a little bit lonely because
we talked and didn't say anything important
and we don't have any new memories at all
and our inside jokes have all gotten stale
and we let time and distance do
what we promised no time or distance could ever do
and all I want to do is hug you again
but you are too far away for that
and hugging you feels like hugging a stranger
anyway
because we let time and distance do
what we promised no time or distance could ever do
and I will never be again
what I always was with you
and I miss that because I thought it was beautiful
and I always thought you were beautiful
even when I didn't like you so much
but I don't know who you are anymore because
we let time and distance do
what we promised no time or distance could ever do
and I just want to hold you again
to make sure you are still real
to make sure those eyes are the same eyes I looked into
six years ago
before we let time and distance do. . .


but I will always, always, always love you
I promise you that.

Sarah Jo

No comments: